Enrolling to vote

Voting is a key way that we can have our say over who represents us in local councils and state and federal parliaments

According to the Electoral Commission of South Australia you must enrol on the electoral roll if you are:

  • 18 years and over,
  • an Australian citizen, or eligible British subject, and
  • have lived at your address for at least one month.

If you are 16 or 17 you can enrol now so when you turn 18 you will be able to vote. 

You can enrol online at the Australian Electoral Commission’s website.